Energy peformance certification of buildings
We perform energy performance assessment according to the regulation STR 2.01.09: 2005
The energy performance of a building is an amount of energy, which is required when using the building according to its purpose, which is calculated pursuant to the requirements of the regulation STR 2.01.09: 2005 and expressed in terms of a building energy performance class.
Energy Performance Certification of a building is a regulated process during which the amount of energy needed the building is assessed, the building energy performance is defined by assigning the building to a certain energy performance class, and the Energy Performance Certificate is issued for the building.
Certification of buildings is obligatory in the following cases
Certification of buildings is obligatory in the following cases:
In case of building construction, sale, lease or rent. The constructor of the building (customer) or its owner, upon request of the purchaser or tenant, provides them with the building Energy Performance Certificate, which is to be issued for no longer than 10 years. The regulations of this Clause are applied to sold or leased/ rented parts of the building (apartments and premises of other use and purposes) as well. In this case, Energy Performance Certificate for a part of the building can be issued based on the Certificate of the entire building and its general heating system or the Certificate of an identical apartment in the apartment building;
No requirements are specified for the energy performance class of sold or leased/ rented buildings (building parts).
- For buildings with functional area larger than 500 square meters, used as hotels or for administration, trade, service rendering, transportation, cultural, scientific, health treatment or recreational purposes. A clearly legible building Energy Performance Certificate which is not older than 10 years is to be placed in such buildings in a visible location.
Certification must be performed:
- Before declaring the building or its part suitable for use;
- If the building is for sale and its Certificate is no longer valid or the building has never been certified, then the certification is to be performed before formalizing the sale of the building;
- If the building is for lease or rent and its Certificate is no longer valid or the building has never been certified, then the certification is to be performed before formalizing the lease of the building.
- If a part of a building under construction or major renovation is declared as suitable for use and can be used irrespectively of the construction works on the other parts of the building being incomplete, then the certification for this part of the building is obligatory.
Building energy performance requirements are obligatory:
- for newly constructed buildings;
- for buildings under major renovation with functional area no larger than 500 square meters. The requirements of this clause are fulfilled to the maximum technically, economically and functionally.
- when designing new buildings and buildings for major renovation with functional area larger than 500 square meters, their estimated energy performance is to coincide with the requirements set in Clause 25 and Clause 26 of the Technical Regulation of Construction STR 2.01.09:2005.
Building energy performance requirements are not determined:
- for the buildings that are cultural heritage objects if their exterior or characteristics were alter ed undesirably even when keeping to the requirements;for houses of worship or buildings of other religious activities;
- for temporary buildings that are designed to be used for no longer than 2 years;
- for buildings of recreational purposes and garden houses that are used no more than four months per year;
- for independent (separately built) buildings, the functional area of which is no larger than 50 square meters;
- for non-residential buildings that consume little energy and are designed for agricultural management as well as industrial, manufacturing and warehousing purposes; i.e. buildings, in which the functional area that is heated for longer than four months per year is smaller than 50 square meters and the remaining part of the useful area of the building is heated for shorter than 2 months per year or the source of its heating is the heat from technologic processes;
- for unheated buildings.